(ET) Rookie questions on an E20

Hi Guy's,

I've just acquired an E20 and am attempting to restore it to operating condition here in Ontario.

This  web site has been brilliant as a source of both information and inspiration.

But I need help.  I've cleaned out the mouse nest from the electronics box, cleaned everything I can, put in new charged batteries but nothing happens - can someone please advise me on the following...

1.  Should anything happen when I turn on the key? - i.e should any of the relays click? Should the gauges show the charge state?

2. I've found the seat and brake safety switches - are there any more?

3. When I press in the 'Disconnect switch' The gauges do show the charge state and resistor elements get hot (nothing connected to the PTO). Is this normal? Should the PTO contactor click?

4. When I attempt to charge - with the disconnect out nothing happens (except the transformer hums). with the disconnect in the resistors get hot as before. Is this correct? (I can't see any change in battery voltage but also can't believe the resistors should get hot during charging).

5. Does anyone have a circuit diagram for the E20?

6. I assume the large contactors are part of the motor speed control system, but what is the function of the relays at the top of the plate (behind the switches)?

7. How does the cruise control system work? - is this the function of the PCB's and components.

Like I said - I need help. - Once I've got it running I'll start on the mower and blower...

Steve