Re: (ET) Wheel weights

*nod* I ended up with 260lbs on the back of the tractor (10 Hawker Genesis 26ah batteries in a box) and chains on wheels turned out. Didn't really need any more weight, was able to use the blower to go straight through packed snow drifts.

If only we had more snow.... That said I'm almost ready to take it off the tractor. First week in April for sure. Then it's time to repaint the inside with POR15 for slickness, paint the outside with my nice Elec-Trak yellow paint, then put it up for the summer.

Side note: The paint I put on the E20 has held up over the winter with no problem. And the match is so tight I can't tell the difference between where it ends and the old paint beings. Looks *really* nice.

Chris

Fixinguys aol com wrote:

Howdy, folks,
This winter I put some John Deere standard wheel weights on mine and they worked well (wheels turned out), although they do stick out and plow snow a little, especially in a turn. But who can turn much with the blower down anyway, eh? They're expensive unless you can find them at a yard sale or something. They are not enough by themselves, though, despite putting around 120 pounds over the wheels. I still had chains and 200 pound of chicken feed on my wooden rear shelf. This even worked for pulling my un-manned Honda Civic out of the ditch! As a side note to the biodiesel question from recently: I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you guys with a recipe yet- had a rough go with a death in the family here, but I promise I'll get it on here very soon.

Steve
E-15
p.s. For those of you in the Minneapolis area, the Minnesota Alternative Energy Fair is May 1st and 2nd- Last year Keith Stieg and I had our tractors and Keith's multitude of attachments on display there (he has even more now; might even call it a plethora!). It was a lot of fun seeing the looks on the faces of people who had never heard of such a thing and wanted to buy one. Did there jaws drop when they found out they were antiques!! We were even on tv.