RE: (ET) E12M/E12

Tractors designed for front mount ONLY have a short wheelbase.
Tractors designed for ANY mid mount have a long wheelbase.
Without a short wheelbase, a front mower will not have a good cutting
radius.

Because of the position of the front mower with respect to the back tires,
the size tree you can cut around with a front mower is larger than a mid
mount
mower.  This is NOT the same as the turning radius.  If you have used
both,
you probably have experienced this.  At first it sounds wrong, but an E12M
with
a belly mower can cut around a 30" or so object with no grass left.  Even
though
an E12 has a shorter turning radius, it can only cut around a 45" or so
object
with no grass left.  Your front and rear tire tracks are well withing the
uncut
area.  I know this sounds odd, but this is the way it works.

Front mount is much easier to put on, sharpen blades, and can cut under
shrubs.
You can leave grass much higher with front mount; I can cut OVER
strawberry plants
without hurting them for example.
I've not seen a mid mount with an electric lift, nor do I believe one was
made.

Larry Elie