Re: (ET) "gas pedal" - or rheostat??

I think linemaster has an industrial foot petal 5K pot for 150-160 dollars.  Very heavy duty casting.
Rob Brockway

Jim Coate <jbc coate org> wrote:
I was hoping for a pre-made foot pedal control unit. A little poking
found the Curtis FP-2, as can be seen at
http://www.evparts.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=538&product_id=581

However, I'm not sure how water-proof it is, and it costs more than the
controller. So that is out.

I'll have to look at the E-20 and see if there is a protected place to
mount the PB-6 and link it to the arm on the original pedal.

Steve Richardson wrote:
> The Alltrax controller uses three different types of throttle inputs;
> 0 - 5K, 5K - 0 and ITS or inductive. We have the PB-6 type pot boxes with
> the 0 - 5K 1/4 turn pot inside, but you can also use a ITS throttle from an
> Club Car golf cart. I have no idea what they cost, but check with your
> local golf car supplier.
> What ever you use, make sure it is weather resistant and totally sealed from
> the dust and dirt.

_________
Jim Coate
1970's Elec-Trak