(ET) Controller for PM motors

        Hi All
I just got my new controller board for my ELECTROCRAFT SYSTEMS in Toronto.

        See link below

        http://www.interlog.com/~dgv/EVMTC.html
<http://www.interlog.com/~dgv/EVMTC.html>

This controller is for a B145 which is a PM type motor. I was going to go
with a Alltrax Series contoller and use the contactors to switch forward
and
reverse. However, the board from ELECTROCRAFT SYSTEMS does this. It's a bit
costly because it is an H bridge using 16 mosfets and a bit tricky in it
uses a 5K ohm pot, 0 to 2500 ohms for one direction and 2500 to 5000 ohms
for the other direction.
        Currently my board is not potted but once we're sure it is reliable
it will look like the pictures on the web page. This board eliminates all
the high current contactors and the resistors in motor circuit. In fact
there a three very simple Ckts around the controller. One for the Key, one
for the pot and one for the motor. All the safeties (seat,brake etc.
switch)
are on the lower current key switch circuit.
I think I am going to use basically the same seal in CKT to the one the ET
now, but modify it for the new configuration, because I don't need to seal
in a contactor for the motor I can use small relays, its a pretty simple
plan.

Anyway check out the URL above. They have a lot of interesting stuff not
just for motor control but for battery management and solar power.

        Geof Thompson B.Sc., C.L.S.
        905-336-4698 | facsimile / télécopieur 905-336-8916
        Thompsong dfo-mpo gc ca <mailto:Thompsong dfp-mpo gc ca >
        Technical Services | Canadian Hydrographic Service | Services
Technique, Service hydrographique du Canada
        Central & Arctic Region | Région Centrale et de l'Arctique
        Fisheries and Oceans Canada | 867 Lakeshore Rd, Burlington,
(Ontario) L7R 4A6
        Pêches et Océans Canada | 867 chemin Lakeshore, Burlington
(Ontario)
L7R 4A6