Re: (ET) New Electrics

> I'm disappointed to see that many members of this list have taken the
> anti-EV public relations drivel.

I don't think you know the readership of the list very well yet.

> But that's only part of the story. Toyota and some of the other car
> companies dropped their EV programs not for technical limitations,
> economics, or lack of market, but because for some reason they
> want the electric products to go away.

What reason, or reasons, might there be? I think it's as simple as you
don't
want it to be. Technical limitations can be overcome when needed. Economics
(superset that includes lack of market) is the whole deal. Gasoline is
cheaper now than the spike of 1979 by a factor of more than TWO. Car
companies can only influence taste and demand so much, and not for lack of
trying. There's no bogeyman. Industry follows the money, and there isn't
any
in EVs until gas costs more than approximately nothing.

Consumers are rational in their simple calcualations. Bang done. Ask Occam.

-Maxo