Re: (ET) Transaxle leak

Jon,
The same tranny was used with single and dual belts on the input.
My  E-12 and E 15's have the same 4 speed tranny.
I think dual belts were used to get the motor power to the tranny
on the larger horse power jobs. I have had the dual belts slip on me
plowing snow
with the E15's but I never plowed with the E12.
That tranny got more of a beating when it was coupled to a gas engine.
As J Deere did to it. A lot of Electraks saw their tranny's yanked for
replacements in Deeres.
I would assume the 3 speed tranny in the E12 was a economic or
availability decision by GE.

Mike D