Re: (ET) Off Topic, But Nifty and GEMS

I just talked to the project engineer at
Chrysler responsible for the GEM.
These also use GE sepex controls (the Ford
Think did as well).  A GE engineer was
in Phoenix for final qualification of the
control at their proving grounds.
Maybe these controls could also be used for
Elec Traks.  Keep your eyes on Ebay for
controls.
Rod
P.S. GEM's use much higher field current
than the Elec Trak, but you can program max
field current if you have the GE handset (I have
a couple)  These are also used on forklifts, if
you have a contact in the forklift industry you
could borrow theirs.