(ET) Off Topic, But Nifty.

      Did anyone else watch the "Monster Machines" segment last night , concerning REALLY big trucks?
    One of the featured guests was the Komatsu / HaulPak®  mining truck, the largest of it's type on earth.
     What caught my eye about it was the GE 'Meatball' logo that I spotted on the final drive hubs of the rear wheels.  Yes, the largest trucks on earth are hybrid electric vehicles , using GE traction motors . What appears to be a LARGE Caterpillar® GenSet provides motive power , and recharges the battery pack onboard . The battery pack is also charged by regenerative braking . Both the GenSet and the batteries can be utilized for getting those max GVW loads to their destination.
    See , GE just can't leave the EV market . And they are in it in landmark fashion.

RJ Kanary  Bandi Bros. Inc.
Member TRNi  Since 1998
ASE® Certified Master Auto Technician

rjkanary nauticom net