(ET) RE: Conformal (Re: anyone EVER fried a zilla?)

Conformal Coating is the crap that engineers have put onto circuit
cards to make it harder for technicians to troubleshoot and
repair.  :-) ;-)

Oh, it also does a pretty good job of keeping corrosion and
moisture away from the circuitry...

I've seen it mainly in a spray can. But my exposure to it is based
entirely on having scraped/burned it off an area, and need to
reapply it, thus the spray can.

Stay Charged!
Hump

Conformal and
>paint it on a PC board?
>
>Otmar wrote:
> > ... It seems that the boards had
>> not been properly cleaned before the conformal coating step.
That was