-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of
Jeremy Gagliardi com
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 7:53 AM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) New guy in town...

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 19:53:45 -0500, Stephen & Carol Welch wrote:
> (side note:  anybody care to venture why, with all of the electronic
> innovations that have taken place in the last 30 years, no major
> manufacturer has done a new (modern?) version of the E.T.?  I'd be
> interested...)

Because it's still cheaper to produce an I.C.E. tractor.  That way they
put more
of the hidden costs on the consumer -- gasoline, oil, spark plugs, air
filters,
maintenance -- rather than on the producer.

Also, and perhaps this is just my jaded opinion, that the I.C.E.
manufacturers
have successfully implanted the viewpoint into the collective consumer
that a
tractor that must be "plugged in" *gasp* is too inconvenient.

 mailto:Jeremy Gagliardi com
 http://Jeremy.Gagliardi.com