From: "Chapin, Tim" <tchapin umich edu>
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) front lift conversion..
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:18:45 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of wombat
Back in June John sent a message to the list about replacing the front lift
with a linear actuator.  Just checking in to see if it ever came to be..
Any news?  Pictures?

Original email:

All this talk about the front lift makes me wonder why we want to keep them. I have nothing but problems with mine and it is slow. I have purchased a 36 volt 18" linear actuator (used for a satelite dish) for $50.00. I will let
you know how it installs and works as I get on with it.
John Briese
I-5
I keep mine because it has worked for 30 years. It may be slow but it is
steady.