-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of RJ Kanary
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 11:25 PM
To: tcoate coate org; elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu; Dave & Debbie
Barden
Subject: (ET) Re: pack not isolated from frame??

      As my Dad, the electrician who had 30 years of experience with DC
operated overhead cranes would say, "Son, you've got something that's
'gone
to ground'."
    {Actually, in most cases two items have to fail to make obvious
symptoms.}

    The most common culprits in the Elec-Trak(r) are.......
1.) Armature resistor contactor bushings.
2.) Armature terminal bushings on the traction motor, or brush rigging.
3.) Lift motor.
     This situation is VERY dangerous, and must be investigated and
repaired
immediately.
    I have never seen a tractor with the PTO outlet where you have
described
it. Give us the numbers from the data plate, under the hood, and I think
we
can puzzle it out.