Re: (ET) Weight and the snowthrower

On 25 Jan 2004 at 13:11, Chris Zach wrote:

> Ok, so I put on the back box and loaded it with six 25lb Hawker Genesis
> batteries (not charged).

You should have charged them, they'd weigh more.  <g>

Seriously, the weight is one reason I haven't used the thrower since my
first
attempt.  It's really hard to get enough weight in the back to
counterbalance it
- not to mention how much effort it is to move around, as you discovered.

The other reason I don't use it is that I had a lot of trouble with
clogging.  I've
been told that was because I was (1) trying to throw wet snow; (2)going
either
too slow or too fast (depending on whom you ask ;-) and (3) have a thrower
that's badly in need of a paint job.