Re: (ET) You should get a Plow

On 21 Jan 2004 at 9:39, Christopher Zach wrote:

> Ok, I'm convinced. Where does one get a plow?

Try Bill Gunn.  A few years ago, he offered to sell me one.  I believe he
wanted $150 for it, which is about what used garden tractor plows seem to
go
for on the bulletin board at my local hardware store.

> Also my driveway is on a serious slope ...

I prefer to plow downhill, but sometimes plow up my driveway.  It's not 20
degrees by any means - mayve 15-20% grade.

One of these days I may rebuild & repaint the snow thrower I have, and try
it
again.  But I found the plow easier to use and more effective on the wet
snow
we usually get here in NE Ohio.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation.

                               -- Johnny Hart