Re: (ET) Elec-trak Shop Manager

On 18 Dec 2003 at 22:27, Richard Zachary wrote:

> I made all 33,331 Electraks built (as the GE shop manager) ...

Wow!  Welcome to the mailing list!  Do you have an ET right now?

> who are you?

I'm not the person you're talking about, but I know a little about him.
The
website and guestbook you refer to was built a long time ago (ca. 1997?)
by
Walter Hammer.  At one time Walter had a large collection of ETs and
parts.  A
couple of years ago he seemed to have gotten into some kind of complexity
with
his personal situation (Note that I'm guessing on this and know nothing of
the
details).  Shortly after that, he sold off his entire ET collection.  I've
heard nothing from him since.

If you want to see more ET pictures (and explore a truly useful resource),
check out

        http://www.elec-trak.org

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
    Their talk was the talk of sordid buccaneers: it was
    reckless without hardihood, greedy without audacity,
    and cruel without courage; there was not an atom of
    foresight ... in the whole batch of them, and they did
    not seem aware these things are wanted for the work of
    the world.

                      -- Joseph Conrad, "Heart of Darkness"