Re: (ET) pollution

Yes, of course gas mowers are cheap, and newer ones are definitely easier get parts for, but I do believe that an ET in the right situation is perfect, and has many inherent and synergistic advantages. I run diesels on vegetable oil, and therefore never go to a gas station, and I really hate to make a special trip just to fill up a can of gas that tends to sit for long periods of time, to be used occasionally in great quantities by the ride on mower. I also have a small enough piece of property that I can get to most any spot with an extension cord, so I don't even run gas chain saws much. At the moment, I am not able to get an ET easily, since I am on the west coast, but I will keep shopping. I also may simply convert my existing ride on to electric, as I have a golf car motor, and could install a PWM controller. In all my spare time. Does anyone on the list have any experience converting a tractor of any sort to electric? I may just buy a diesel one and run it on veg oil, but would prefer electric.
anton

Gordon Trump wrote:

No disagreement about these concepts from a practical standpoint- I was
speaking conceptually. And I certainly realize that my Honda push lawn
mower
pollutes more than the SULEV Civics running around out there- it is all
about money. And as long as lawn equipment is cheap and disposable, it will
take legislation (which I don't really favor) to clean up these small
engines. Even then, they are noisy and vibrate, etc.

That's why we are on this list;-)

*snip*