From: Anton and Federica [mailto:krustyacres earthlink net]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 12:16 AM
To: Pieter Litchfield
Cc: Keith Stieg; elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) loaders

How about a momentary on switch that turns on the pump via a relay so
you only run the pump when you run the bucket? On forklifts, they have a
setup like that, you can hear the pump running only when you lift the
mast. Should be easy to wire up.
anton

Pieter Litchfield wrote:

Thanks for the info about EG&W - that's interesting!  I use a set of
tire chains and several cinder patio pavers in the weight box.  Not
enuff weight for backing up a slope with a full loader bucket.  Chains
are helpful if you don't mind trashing a surface (hopefully dirt)  I
think another 100 lbs of wheel weights or similar in batteries would
be plenty.  A good set of main batteries will give you a lot of run
time on the loader, providing you use the PTO switch to shut off the
pump when not actually raising or lowering.  Don't totally focus on
auxillary batteries being a "must."  Now I have got to go see about
the current Wright Way from Cedar Rapids IA and their dump trailer -
what are the odds they are related?  Where is Eagle Grove anyway?  I
love industrial archeology!