Re: (ET) Auxiliary Batteries

Steve,
I would hard wire an auxiliary battery to main battery with one
connection set up to split the batteries for charging Or long standing
times.
But my weight box is only 8 X 30 inches.
That eliminates group 24,27,29,31 size batteries, three across
will not fit. 24 is smallest at 11 inches long. 31 is 13 inches long.

If my memory is correct the booster package was a tow along trailer type
thing.  Could be a problem in the snow.

The accessory plug  is not polarized. You can put the plug in both ways.
That could short the batteries if the plug got reversed.
The accessory plug will get hot if you draw more than 20 amps through it.
I regularly put the current meter into the stops when I blow snow.
Not for long times but it does go all the way.
The current meter on my tractor is about 150 Amps full scale,
75 amps with the pointer straight up.

Hope this helps.  Mike D