Re: (ET) Fw: Newbie here... PLUS: a problem...

Gentlemen,
Like Danz, I too have been "lurking" for a while as a "newbie", at least to
this sort of discussion group thing.  I bought my first Elec-trak a little
over thirty years ago, an E10M, and I'm still using it today.  It's been
modified somewhat, but still has the original front tires, seat, and much
of
it's original paint (back in '75 I used Ditzler's Delstar Acrylic Enamel by
PPG, # DAR-82241 / GE Yellow to repaint the mower deck and front axle
area).

Over the years I've made a few changes like; a full floating mower deck,
head and tail lights, a disconnect switch from a large frame tractor,
changed from an "A" to a "B" drive belt, silicone rubber lined the entire
battery compartment, and reinforced the front axle support.

I also have an E15, two C185's, a New Idea version of the ER8-36, and some
spare parts I've picked up over the years.  I thought I knew a fair amount
about these units, at least until I started reading some of the messages
you
guys swap back and forth.  Some of you guys really know your stuff and I'm
impressed.  I am especially interested in all the talk about solid state
speed control for the large frame tractors, and would appreciate input from
any of you that are "up" on that subject.

It's too bad I don't have a snow blower to sell, it seems like a few of you
guys would like to have one.  We don't have a big need for that sort of
attachment down here in South Central Kentucky, but it sounds like a lot of
you are located up north where that "white stuff that falls out of the sky"
seems to be plentiful.  I do have a dozer blade for the large frame
tractors
as we occasionally get a little snow down here.  I once modified a generic
blade to fit on the E10, but sold the blade once I got my first C185.  I
think my E10 is a great, and simple little unit, but not much of a match
for
the "big red ones" when it comes to pushing snow or gravel.

I have recently retired from Dana Corporation, and maybe with your help I
can now get around to making even more changes to the best lawn mowers
anybody has ever built.  I sure do want to get rid of all those darn
contactors and relays.  Sorry to ramble, but I really like those ET's.

Mike Wallace
metman scrtc com
Glasgow, Kentucky
270-678-5433