-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of Kleinbrahm, Bob
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 12:42 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) E20 now dead

Hello, this group is a god send and I hope that someone can shed some light
on my current problem.  I purchased an E20 from a listing in this group, a
few months ago.  Long story, but tractor was supposed to be in running
condition when I had it shipped to me from out-of-state location.  Owner of
tractor was in Bolivia, tractor was at daughters house in Colorado - many
emails back and forth related to the purchase, etc.  Tractor came with snow
blower, tiller and mower deck, etc.  Owner stated that he last used tractor
some 8 months ago and all was functioning, minus 1 mower motor, at that
time.  Needless to say the tractor did not work when it arrived at my
location.  I tried a charge on the existing batteries which proved to be
bad.  Replaced them with some sealed agm's that I had from a solar array
project - batteries are good ones.  Tractor would seem to function with the
charger connected to a/c, but not with the batteries.  Took me some time to
figure out that the power disconnect needed to be pushed in - not just
turned to up posistion as manual states, for circuit to be completed.
First
time I pushed in disconnect I heard front battery (1 - 12volt) starting to
churn and I figured it was probably from the 24volts being delivered from
the 4 - 6volt rear series batteries.  Power on the tractor still did not
work with batteries on system, no drive motor or direction switch showing
power.  Next thing I did was plug it back into charger unit and heard a
loud
pop sound from what I thought was below tractor.  Now when I try to bring
tractor back on line with the disconnect engaged or disunengaged and
charger
plugged in - I have no activity at all, tractor is completely dead.  I have
checked all the obvious things, fuses and cb2 breaker, but everything seems
normal.  Can anyone point me in a troubleshooting mode that I am
overlooking?

Thanks in advance.

BobK

The information transmitted is intended only for the person  or  entity
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information  by persons  or
entities other than  the  intended  recipient  is  prohibited.  If  you
received this in error,  please  contact  the  sender  and  delete  the
material from any computer.