Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 7:09 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) Still bucking, it's not the belt, no cards found in E12.

Thanks guys but its not the belt.
The power use gauge fluctuates in perfect harmony with the bucking of the tractor.
Opened up the behind the dash where the fuses are but found no card(s) on my E12.  Either I'm looking in the wrong place or there are no cards.
Does anyone have  an E12 service manual and/or any ideas on where to go from here?
Is it a bad connection somewhere in the field weakening circuit or possibly something else?
Thanks for any specific suggestions I might be able to follow and try out.
Richard "Zack" Zachary
E12

Hazen, Dwight L wrote:
You will need the service manual from Bill Gunn or ask on the mail
group. My E12 has no circuit cards. If I get a chance I will look in the
service manual and try to figure something out for you. I need to fix My
E12 as I blew a diode (again) that's in the reversing circuit. The
tractor only runs in reverse right now. The E12 is my back up tractor
and I have not needed it this summer. I use the batteries in it as a
backup for the UPS system for the house. I have a cord and connector
system to connect between the tractor and the UPS battery bank. They all
use the same golf cart batteries so it's a good match.

With out the service drawing it's hard to figure anything out about the
wiring on the tractors. Even with the drawings it's still hard!

Dwight

Dwight L. Hazen, Indiana University, UITS
Bloomington, In. 47408-7378
812-855-5367 IP phone 812-856-9229
hazen indiana edu http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~hazen/
Ham Radio wb9tlh arrl net http://wb9tlh.ampr.us
"The complexity of your life is directly proportional to how many gas
engines you own - 2 cycles count double."