-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of T Humphrey
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 3:19 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Vacuum or Sweeper?

Greetings Folks.

Well Autumn is upon us for a couple days b4 the snow season sets
in.

Does anyone have an opinion one way or the other concerning the
pick-up of leaves. Should I build a vacuum or buy a sweeper.

A vac would be kind of like Dennis Pestka's
http://www.elec-trak.org/gallery/DennisPestkaVacuumCart/index.html

A sweeper would be one like can be had from any hardware or box
store.
http://www.agri-fab.com/lawnsweep45_0326.html

If I build a vac, it would be different from Dennis'. I was
thinking of using a blower or fan but it would be downstream of
the filtering so no crap goes through the blades. Much like a shop
vac. Of course no mulching gets done as with Dennis' set-up. Does
anyone know if a blower or fan would be the best choice in such a
set-up to develop vacuum?

Of course a sweeper would use less power but a vac would do
a "better job" I believe. But I have no experience with either.

TIA
Hmup