Re: (ET) Weight boxes

I just have a sort of "bumper" bar mounted on the back of my tractor,
slides into the slots and is bolted in two places, sticks out about 2". I
strap 2 old batteries onto that for extra weight. They just have one edge
on the bumper and then I have nylon straps wrapped around the rear battery
box supporting them in a cantilevered arrangement.

If I could weld myself or wasn't so cheap I would make up some kind of
weight box myself

Jeff Tickner
Technical Support
800-545-9485, Ext 536
SoftLanding Systems

|---------+-------------------------------------->
|         |           "steves"                   |
|         |           <ssawtelle fcc net>        |
|         |           Sent by:                   |
|         |           elec-trak-bounces cosmos ph|
|         |           y.tufts.edu                |
|         |                                      |
|         |                                      |
|         |           10/24/2003 11:47 AM        |
|         |                                      |
|---------+-------------------------------------->

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |        To:      <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
                                 |
  |        cc:
                                 |
  |        Subject: Re: (ET) Weight boxes

There may be a couple types, but the one I have seems to be set up to take
3
batteries - I used two in mine last winter. I may put three 12Vs in there
this one and run the blower off them, or use them as backup in case I run
out of juice at the bottom of the hill.

- SteveS