(ET) Off topic- Ford Ranger ET

I might have a chance to snag a 1998 Ford Ranger ev.  Haven't got much info yet about it other than there are 2 and are fully functioning (9,000, 12,000 miles) Rear drive, sealed lead acid pack.  When the decision is made to sell them, I will be able to get the complete maintaince records.  Hopefully at least one has a new pack.  It looks like $2000.00 each will be the asking price.  I was wanting it to be below $1000.00.  Any idea who I can contact to talk about them?  What to look for and look out for?