Re: (ET) E15 with a forward drive problem

Hi Peter,
You are correct stay out of the motor.
Did you get a manual with it ? A manual and panel layouts are almost
always needed.
I cheated and marked the parts designators on as any things as I could.
There are several models of the E15.  The numbers on the name plate go
from 26AE15AA to 26AE15GA  at least.   Name plate is under the front hood
on the tractor's right.  Makes some small differences, not a whole lot.
A guess from here in New Jersey is the reverse relay has burnt or welded
contacts.
It is little thing with long fingers on the relay contacts, they burn
real easy, and stuff gets stuck in them too. Like mouse nests. The wires
also come off of the connections.
Sometimes you can clean them up some times you can not.
It is located in the dash board you get at it from inside the front
battery box.
One source of parts is Technical Service & Parts
                                7898 Pineview Drive
                                Edgerton WI 53534
The mans name is Bill Gunn @1-608-868-6220.
I do not know if the relay is available or not but this should help you
get started.

        I trailered one across the George  Washington Bridge coming out of
New
York City, at rush hour
leaking battery acid all the away. That was 1990, today they would
probably put me in jail.

Mike DeLiso