Re: (ET) Gator Blades

Hello Barry,
   Your findings agree with my results of using Gator blades. The quality
of
the cut was considerably better than the stock ET blades. The Gator blades
also did a much better job mulching leaves in the fall than did the stock
blades. Yes, I was using the rear discharge baffling and closed side
discharge which may have increased the amp draw enough to cause my motors
shut down.
   It's been a while back so I don't remember off hand how many amps each
motor pulled but I know it was higher than I liked. The motors were rebuilt
the previous winter so the motors were in good shape and did not run hot
when using stock blades. I was mowing in the mid-Atlantic region with
temperatures around 90+, so cooler climates may fair better with out over
heating the motors.
  I loved the nice cut from the Gator blades. They seemed to lift the grass
up and then cut it off clean. Great job Barry on letting us know the
details
of your experiment and hopefully this info will help others in search of a
better ET cut.
      Eric & Tracie Miller

> > > Hey Gang,
> >
> > Just an update on the use of the GatorBlades in the Elec-Trak deck.
Just to
> > refresh your memories, Steve S. custom made some bushings so the
Gatorblades
> > fit perfectly and also customized an ammeter.
> >
> > Overall,
> >
> > Appearance of lawn       Regular Elec-Trak blades:  C to C-
> > Gatorblades:  B (definite improvement!)
> >
> > Mulching ability:             Regular Elec-Trak blades:  D
> > Gatorblades:  B-
> >
> > Current Draw:               Regular Elec-Trak blades:  6.5A avg
> > Gatorblades:  11 - 12.5A avg
> >

> > In general the Gatorblades outdid the stock blades in everyway.
However, I