(ET) CB-2 circuit breaker does not reset

Does anyone on this list have any wisdom to share regarding CB-2? This is
the circuit breaker on the upper access panel; it protects the small
accessory receptacle (SAR). I have an Elec-Trak E20, and this breaker trips
repeatedly. When I reset it manually, it just trips again.
        At first I never used the SAR, so I never noticed it. Then I
purchased a
battery charge controller from Harry Landis. I was told by Jeremy
Gagliardi,
who also has an E20, that the SAR was a good place to connect the
controller
voltage reference wires. That worked for awhile, but then CB-2 began
tripping.
        I have temporarily connected the controller ground reference wire
to a
ground on one of the big relays, and now my batteries are charging. The
next
step is to determine why CB-2 is not resetting. Either it is doing its job
and shutting off repeatedly, in which case the problem is elsewhere, or it
is faulty and needs replacing.
        How do I determine where the fault lies? I could just buy a new
CB-2 and
see if that fixes it. But I am hoping there is a quicker way. Any ideas?
--greg
E20

Gregory Wilcox
31 Overlook Drive
Candler, NC 28715-9260
(828) 665-7531
(775) 255-1617 (fax)
Email address: gwilcox buncombe main nc us
Personal home page: http://buncombe.main.nc.us/~gwilcox/