From: SteveS [mailto:ssawtelle fcc net]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 11:25 AM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) New failure mode...

I had a somewhat similiar problem (E12S) - reverse ok, forward
intermittent.
In my case the the reverse relay contacts had welded. One reverse contact
welded the common and wouldn't let it touch the forward contact.  Well
actually it finally did and blew off the end of the relay.....

Is this the problem I've heard that arises from not stopping completely
going from forward to reverse?

Did someone find a better protected version of this relay - I don't like
those contacts out in the open.

- SteveS
E12Ss
E20 (which I got running this weekend!)