Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 9:40 AM
Subject: Re: (ET) elec trak parts on ebay.

That battery disconnect listed on eBay is the old style that Bill Gunn says is a bad design, the only thing good about it is it's cheap. He said it causes a voltage drop due to it's inherent high resistance, even when brand new. My E15 is having a field voltage problem and one of the symptoms was due to the high load the battery disconnect got so hot it warped and stopped making good contact.
His new one, which is sealed and has silver contacts is around $20.

Jeff Tickner
Technical Support
800-545-9485, Ext 536
SoftLanding Systems

"Chapin, Tim" <tchapin umich edu>
Sent by: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu

06/20/2003 09:02 AM