From: Daniel Eyk [mailto:danieleyk yahoo com]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 2:32 PM
To: SteveS; elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) EV drag races

Hi all, if you have never been to an EV Drag race, you
should go. It is interesting. Take you E-15 with you
and you never know, you may have a chance to rescue
someone if their evbreaks or dies. I live 3,000 miles
west and about 45 miles from Woodburn, Oregon where
the first EV drags were held. I think it was the first
or second year that someone brought their E-15 out
here and had to rescue an electrified Rabbit that
munched its differential and John Waylands White
Zombie Datsun  when it's Kostove died on the strip
before it had even gone 50 ft. It is fun to see an
electric car beat a Viper and I did the first two
years running. They finally quit coming as they
couldn't beat that EV. Our drags are coming up on
Labor Day weekend. If my E-15 is operational, I am
thinking about taking it, but I have to replace the
cables and maybe order and replace some relays that
look like they are falling apart. Well, good luck and
enjoy it. Dan Eyk
--- SteveS <ssawtelle fcc net> wrote:
> Hopefully not too far OT....
>
> The annual EV drag races will be held near
> Hagerstown MD on June 29th.
>
> http://www.powerofdc.com/
>
> Looks pretty interesting. I've never been but heard
> it's good.
>
> Anyone going? I may go and take the E20 (if it's
> back together)(just for
> show!).
>
> SteveS
> E12Ss