Re: (ET) ELEC-TRAK in the UK Alltrax (do tell)

OK, I have a big mouth so...

Alltrax makes golf cart and industrial type controllers. I know their work indirectly, as the same folks were behind the DCP line of controllers for on-road electric vehicles, such as what is under the hood of my truck. Alltrax is basically a competitor to Curtis (but with a much friendlier attitude).

A little while back I contacted them about the availability of a sep-ex controller - one that would control both the armature and field windings of the ET motors, so as to retain reversing, regen braking, field weakening, etc. They do have one in development, expected out in a few months. I'm sure they will make a formal announcement when it is complete and the detailed specs are known.

Unlike Curtis controllers, the Alltrax models are all programmable (via PC interface) and waterproof. And as astute readers of the EV list will know, they have one or more E15's so can actually test the controller on an ET.

Their web page is at http://www.alltraxinc.com/
and yes, they do have a Canadian distributor (Canadian Electric Vehicles).

I *want* one of these so I will post as I learn more.

ThompsonG DFO-MPO GC CA wrote:
Hi PLEASE Tell us more about this Alltrax controller.

_________
Jim Coate
1992 Chevy S10
1970's Elec-Trak