From: "Bob Murcek" <rmurcek geisinger edu>
To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>; <goodguyforsure hotmail com>
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2003 9:32 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) ELEC-TRAK in the UK

I'm not the best resource for this, but...
No, to the best of my knowledge 4QD controllers are intended for permanent
magnet motors so they have no provisions for field control.  I think those
who have used 4QD controllers have simply preserved the original field
control scheme.

If I had it to do over, though, I'd be tempted to use a four-quadrant
controller (One that can reverse the armature current to reverse rotation.)
now that I've heard all the stories about reversing relay burnout!

>>> "goodguyforsure" <goodguyforsure hotmail com> 6/1/2003 10:10:42 PM >>>
I am in the market for a new controller. Does the Q4D control the sep-ex
motor or not?
John Briese
I5