(ET) motor control

Hi in the UK

I used a golf cart controller on the armature and a small less expensive controller for the field ( max 30 amp ) it has reverse built into it.  Worked good till I had one of the spades come off and it was dark and I plugged it into the wrong spot.  This gives infinite speed from 0> 9mph.  which is plenty fast on this tractor.  I found some 36 v 8pdt relays on the cheap at the junk store for the safety shut down circuit

I would like to know more about the QD4 controllers? Do they control the field too?
Ferguson Apiaries
Hensall, On
519-236-4979