(ET) E12S Shorting problem

To All,
I just purchased an E12s and have some major problems I can't figure out. First the seat switch with key off has a voltage of 36 volts one wire. The other measures 5 volts( positive on frame- negative on wire). Key on depress seat switch(connect with jumper cable) Fuel level pegs left, turn switch off , fuel level stays pegged untill release switch, get a flash at the point of disconnect and fuel level goes back to normal. Key off- flip pto switch, relay engages, fuel level falls to border of E and normal. On the pto plug wire #3 goes to 36 Volt. I guess the pto is supposed to work without the key on. Appears that way on the schematic. Only thing I got to work is the lights. With all batteries unplugged I measure 30 ohms from frame to Negative battery cable. I'm sure something is broke, shorted but don't know. Haven't found any melted wires. Any help would be appreciated.
Jeff