Re: (ET) Go Cart power alternative

Hey Guys,
Sounds like a good discussion going on.  I had an electric go cart years ago.  Used a 3 3/4 hp aircraft hydraulic motor for it.  Only had a starter solenoid for a controller and an old starter push button for a switch.  Two "old"  12 v. truck batteries sat where your feet go.  It had so much get up, that the frame would spring a little and the chain would slip a few cogs until it got up to speed.  Was fun.  The speed controller was the missing element, since that was in the 60's !  The motor is small & compact, similar to the motor on the hydraulic unit on e-bay the other day. It had only one connector on the outside, so wasn't reversible.  It is on an old 90 cc. Honda motorcycle right now waiting for me to get into the mood to do the electronic controller...(needs 250 amp +)  The batteries are the long narrow 12 volt ones like go in older 24 volt John Deere tractors. They are hung on the side in "saddle bag" holders. It, also used the starter relay for on-off. Very crude, but fun!

Have fun. I'll be watching the progress with much interest!

Gary Woodard

Do you Yahoo!?