(ET) Overload? Never!

A few weeks ago we had a big wind storm.  Some trees came down.  Saturday, I pulled one to my nephews house to cut and burn.
This was a load.  A real load.  The tree diameter of the biggest section was about 18" but it was 30' long.  I had the tiller on the back of
the E12, and put a light chain on the toolbar to the tree.  On sod.  Sure enough, LL and she moved.  Snapped the chain.  Bigger chain.
Moved again, but the front kept coming up (didn't have the weight box handy) until the tiller was on the ground.  I got my daughter (110 lb ?)
to sit on the hood.  I could almost steer.  Once moving, L worked, but the belt wanted to slip.  LL is was, power-pulse to get it moving.  I
pulled it about 300 yards in sod on packed dirt.  To give you an idea of the load, I caught a 3" branch (probably weak) on a electric guy-wire
and it came off LOOSENING THE WIRE without slowing me down.  My daughter thought we were bringing the whole electric line down
(it did shake).  I have moved heaver things, with the ET, but never so far.  The thermal lock never tripped.  When I tried the 22" tree, I
snapped my heaver chain.  I got out a log chain, and used a farm tractor.

BTW, even WITH weight in front, when you are pulling hard this thing isn't steering much.

Larry Elie