Re: (ET) New (to me) E-15

At 05:20 PM 5/14/03 , Marty Canada  wrote:
Upon inspection I find that one of the batteries has BLOWN its top. The first thing I did was to check the wireing of the batteries and all seems to be OK. What do I check next??

I understand the motor operated in forward ok, but when run in reverse, large current was drawn from the battery. If so, I would look to see if both forward and reverse contactors were energised at the same time. There are at least 2 E-15s. One reverses the field, and the other reverses the armature, so the possibilities are diferent. Download the schematic for your exact model number and start tracing.

Paul and Sue Abendroth
pabendro gemair com
our permanent address is pabendroth dma org