RE: (ET) New (to me) E-15

Title: Message
Check the water level in all of the batteries. I bet that one was low. The water needs to cover the plates at all times
-----Original Message-----
From: Marty Canada [mailto:emcanada yahoo com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 5:21 PM
To: tractors GE
Subject: (ET) New (to me) E-15

Monday I bought an E-15 with a front deck and and snowblower .
After getting it home and off the trailer under its own power  (the fuel gauge was in the white), I started to back it into the garage for a clean up. When I engaged reverse from a full stop a loud noise(explosion) was heard under the seat. Upon inspection I find that one of the batteries has BLOWN its top. The first thing I did was to check the wireing of the batteries and all seems to be OK. What do I check next??

Marty

Do you Yahoo!?