RE: (ET) DC hydraulic pumps

My ET has a bucket loader, and the pump for it is a conventional single
stage hydraulic pump mounted on a bracket and coupled with a rubber and
metal assembly to a 36 volt motor.  It has worked well for over 30 years.
If a 36 volt motor can be found, the other parts are readily available
(new)
from places like Northern Tool.    See thie web site.  A new pump is about
$90, a coupling $7, a mounting bracket about $30.  The first bid on the
used
pump below was about $150.  When bidding remember the alternative is $120
plus the cost of a new or used 36 volt motor.  I would think a trip to the
local hydraulic repair shop and gold cart dealer would get you a used pump,
mount and motor for a dollar amount under the opening bid on a very used
looking fork lift system.  Of course, you would still need a resevior,
filter, fittings, hoses, valves, and cylinders.

As a design suggestion (given here before), I'd suggest looking into the
possiblility of making the pump run only when the controls are actuated
(like an electric/hydraulic pickup truck plow) rather than on a constant
basis with valved flow of oil (like my tractor).  A constantly running pump
heats the oil (by compression and friction) and shortens battery run time
significantly.  I wonder if, in fact, a 12 volt hydraulic/electric plow
lift
could be retrofitted with a 36 volt motor?  It would be a great package for
ET lifts that require both lift and dump circuits (two seperate functions)
since the old h/e plow I used on my pickup had angle and lift circuits (two
seperate functions).  Hmmm.....