RE: (ET) charger - extension cords

At 11:29 AM 4/30/03 , Larry Elie wrote (in his example):
Joe plugs in the ET at 6:00 off a 50' extension cord. ....

Several years ago I discovered another ET in town by accident. I drove the fire truck to a fire in a garage, and when the fire was out, I discovered a (mostly) coiled up extension cord powering an Elec-trak charger had overheated and started some litter going.

It's risky to use an extension on this high a load. Make sure it has heavy gauge wire, is no longer than necessary, and is well exposed to the air throughout it's length so it can dissipate the heat generated.

Paul and Sue Abendroth
pabendro gemair com
our permanent address is pabendroth dma org