RE: (ET) Snow Blower

Hi Marty
 Kind'a of a hard question. It really depends on the condition or more
precisley how much work you need too put into it. I've rebuilt a number of
different snow blowers (it was my hobby before I discovered ET) and there
are some basic things to check out when setting a price

First, check out the sheetmetal, check out the lower ½  part behind the
auger.  This area take the brunt of the load and it get pretty well sand
blasted as the auger picks up the snow and gravel, rocks etc you'll  know
the area when you look it will either be shiny bare steel or red surface
rusted. On mine the metal is  paper thin in this area. However, (I knew it
was a well used blower when it came with the tractor).
Second check out the auger ends and middle bearings (if it's  got a middle)
and all the moving parts they will likely need to be replaced. Finally
check
out the chain and the motor (it's a regular ET motor). Not that any of
these
should stop the deal but do not underestimate the stresses that a blower go
through when it working. (they really try to pull themselve apart)
Base your price on the amout of effort you will need to bring it to good
working order, the range for me would be $100  to $500. I would think a
fully working and restored blower would be in he $500 and up range. I know
this isn't that helpful, but rebuilding a blower can be a fairly costly
project by the time you get all the new $5 parts together, buy paint and
get
some welding, and sand blastng done. (experience talking here)
Finally, like all equipment, if the prevous owners have been lax in keeping
it well greased there will be significant ware damage to repair and
blowers.
Oh yea,  just buy a new chain, old chains just use up power (if you don't
believe me ask a motorcycle guy. Keep it well lubricated. (in fact buy two
and keep a spare, they only brake when you blowing snow and that not the
time to be shopping for parts).
Regards
        Geof Thompson B.Sc., C.L.S.
        905-336-4698 | facsimile / télécopieur 905-336-8916
        Thompsong dfo-mpo gc ca <mailto:Thompsong dfp-mpo gc ca >
        Technical Services | Canadian Hydrographic Service | Services
Technique, Service hydrographique du Canada
        Central & Arctic Region | Région Centrale et de l'Arctique
        Fisheries and Oceans Canada | 867 Lakeshore Rd, Burlington,
(Ontario) L7R 4A6
        Pêches et Océans Canada | 867 chemin Lakeshore, Burlington
(Ontario)
L7R 4A6