Re: (ET) charger

It's a timer.  The charger is pretty crude, but you need to run it extra
time in order to equalize the batteries.  They are always unbalanced
during
use because the pack is tapped for the lift and lights.

I don't see any benefit for either the batteries or the charger in
charging
in multiple sessions, unless you're having problems with heat.  This is
only
likely to happen in extreme temperatures (over 100 deg F).

If you use a different charger, just be sure to equalize sufficiently.  A
better way would be to charge each 6v battery individually; this would
reduce the need to equalize.  But of course you'd need six 6v chargers.
And
when using this "modular" approach it's important to make sure all
chargers
have done their jobs; if one battery is accidentally left uncharged, it'll
be damaged next time you use the tractor.

Another (better) way to deal with the imbalance in pack usage would be to
obtain a 36v to 13.8v - 14.4v DC:DC converter and use its output to
operate
the lights and lift.  This might be a little low a voltage for the lift,
though.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
Thou shalt not send me any thing which says unto thee, "send this to all

thou knowest."  Neither shalt thou send me any spam, lest I smite thee.

Est. yearly US cost to safeguard Persian Gulf oil supply: $50 billion

Est. 2001 value of US crude oil imports from Persian Gulf: $19 billion
                                -- Harper's Index, April 2002