(ET) Solar charging, part 2

My solar article will (hopefully) be in the August issue of Home Power.
Cool.

In the meantime, some thoughts: I am beginning to think that you could
simply take 3 60 watt panels, connect them in series, plug them into a
breaker box/disconnect with a 10 amp fuse (DC RATED!) and run a cable into
the Elec-Trak. Put a single diode in there to prevent back-feeding the
panels from the tractor and let it rip.

I doubt that the three panels could produce enough current (5 amp hours
*tops*) to overcharge the batteries. But that would be enough to put 100
amps into the batteries over the course of a week; enough to top them off.

Any thoughts? Can a T105 last with a float charge of < 5 amps?

Chris