(ET) [Fwd: EV grin]

--
vze3v25q@verizondotnet
--- Begin Message ---
Rebrushed the traction motor for the elec-trak for Dad this weekend (it
hadn't been running since delivery a few weeks ago.) New bearings too.
Pretty thoughtful of them to put holes in the rear end bell for string
to retract the brushes.

So he dethatched some of the lawn, the batteries fell on their face. It
went on the charger for a bit, and then we tried out the plow blade. The
gravel driveway needed tending (it is ~200 feet long). I was amazed at
how well it did! At times it had a full blade of gravel and kept pushing
even without chains or the weight box.

I figure after a couple of dischrge cycles we will see how good the (10
year old) batteries are.

Two things that need fixing:

The lift motor operation is intermittent. Should I start looking at the
switch or the motor?

The "throttle" lever doesn't always want to go in forward. Is this
terminal or a job for contact cleaner or emery cloth or something else?

TIA

Seth
--
vze3v25q@verizondotnet