(ET) Electrak E12M on Ebay starting Sunday 4-27-03

Just to give all you "fellow Elec-trakies" in this forum an advanced notice, I will beginning a one week auction on Ebay Starting late Sunday PM EDST 4-27-03 to sell my E12M, as well as additional auction(s) selling a whole bunch of associated 1973-74 paper including, newspaper foldouts, owner?s manual, accessory brochures and service tips sheets. My keeping the associated paperwork for sentimental reasons doesn?t make a whole lot of sense to me when someone else could put it to better use. So everything will be sold along with the E12M within about an hour.

About my E12M: The batteries are in need of replacement, and I concluded I wouldn?t own it long enough to justify another 10 years service from new batteries prior to moving. This was the third set. So the timing is right to find a better home while its in great operating condition. Its been waxed and stored inside since 1973, and is far too good for "just parts" in my opinion, but that?s at the new owners discretion. The only accessory is the underneath 42" mowing deck with three 1hp motors all operating.

I am in the process of starting to do the auction write-up plus taking photographs and also will be traveling some portion of next week. So I won?t have a lot more to tell you for now other than if anyone now has batteries and a defective E12M tractor, or if any of your friends and/or neighbors want to own a smooth quiet running machine, this is the one ! I?ll try to answer questions from this forum prior to the start of this auction, but may have to answer "described in auction" or "don?t know" as I have nowhere the technical expertise of many of the Elec-trak electro-mechanical engineers who subscribe here to this forum.

The other thing to think about is my location. I live near Binghamton NY, about an hour south of Syracuse, 5 hours east of Erie PA, 4.5 hours west of Boston, 3 hours north of Philadelphia, and <3 hours from the Meadowlands NJ. So essentially, if you get up early, its a day trip for an arranged pickup anywhere in the Northeast. And if you leave early and get here by noon, I?ll buy the lunch!   If not that, there are a lot of tractor dealerships around Binghamton whom I am sure you could arrange delivery with. My house address shows up exactly where it is suppose to on "Yahoo! Maps" and there are only 2 traffic lights between my house and any of the locations noted above as I am a mile from NYS Route-17 Expressway (future I-86).

So that?s the early scoop. Watch for us on April 27th on Ebay.com....Key search words: "GE Electrak" or "GE Elec-trak". All auctions should be on before Midnight EDST.

Thanks to those responsible for running this forum in order to find a new lasting home for my E12M.

Jim