(ET) Installing Landis controller on E20

I have a model E20 Elec-Trak tractor. I purchased a batter charger
controller
for it from Harry Landis. This controller replaces the stock timer, and it
looks
to be very well made.
    The first paragraph of the installation instructions (copied below)
describe
how to connect the battery pack to the device. However, they are not very
specific. I suppose that is because each model of Elec-Trak tractor is
slightly
different. Using a digital VOM and the service manual, I tried to locate
suitable connection points on my E20. However, all I found were the battery
terminals themselves, which Mr. Landis advises against using.
    Has anyone installed this device in an E20? If so, can you tell me
where to
connect it? Thank you for any information or assistance.
--greg

"The red wire should be connected to the plus (+) end of the batter pack.
You
can directly connect it to the most positive terminal of the battery pack
if you
like, but for reasons of convenience when changing batteries and also to
prevent
corrosion problems, it is preferable to find some appropriate place inside
the
tractor. Likewise the black wire should be connected to some point which is
always connected to the minus (-) end of the battery pack."

--
Gregory Wilcox
31 Overlook Drive