(ET) draw bar/hitch

My I-5 has an L shaped attachment over the rear
drawbar.  It sort of hooks over the drawbar and has a
bolt holding it to the drawbar.  It is about 7 inches
long with a hole in the other end.  It's fairly
obvious that it's for attaching a small trailer to.
My question is this bar suppose to be straight (except
for the the hook on one end)?  Since I've never seen
any other Elec Traks in person, and none of the
pictures on any site has this attachment, I'm not sure
what it's suppose to look like.  Mine is not straight
and I suspect it has been bent.  Before I refinish
this piece, I want to straighten it if it's suppose to
be straight.

Darryl Howell
Smyrna GA