RE: (ET) Inverter for Electric Chainsaw

Ha ha.  That 'peak' doesn't have much to do with the rate at which work
can be done.

The torque is proportional to the current that ACTUALLY PASSES through the
armature.  You can't
goose up that current without a higher input voltage due to the internal
resistance of the wires.
If you bring in input voltage to 200V, you will get more current through
the wires for a while...
Until something melts.

I used to argue that one could do better by using a square wave input, but
that's not really useful
as the current STILL can't rise any quicker in any one cycle because of
that same resistance.

The actual power the motor puts out is proportional to the product of the
torque and the rotational
speed.  At 0 RPM (stalled) the power output is 0, even though the torque
may be huge.  The peak power
is indeed usually at slightly reduced RPM.

Larry Elie