(ET) Inverter/converter

Inverters work very well to power small electric chain saws. However,
one that produces more than a kilowatt of ac power is somewhat
expensive. The dc/dc converters can also do the job for less money. I
will again be offering a converter for use with our tractors soon on
eBay. I have enough parts to make up about six of these units.

The only problem with 120 volts dc is arcing. This can be overcome with
a 470 mfd 200 volt electrolytic and 20k ohm 1 watt resistor across the
switch. Rather than put these across the tool switch, I recommend that a
short adapter cord be used between the tool and converter. This has an
inexpensive ac switch and the recommended components. Then just tape or
latch the tool switch closd. Or use the switch on the converter for
on/off.